Uganda National Examinations Board (UNEB) PLE Results 2017: Today we will discuss on Primary Leaving Examination (PLE) results 2017 release date. UNEB official portal is uneb.ac.ug is responsible for conducting PLE exams and published PLE results. So read this article and get all the information about PLE 2017 exams results.
PLE 2017 :
- In Uganda, pupils may start their education between the ages of five and ten at the nearest primary school (the official government recognized the age of entry is six years). In Uganda, there are seven primary school years, from primary one (P1) to primary seven (P7) and the legal age for school entry is six (Moyi 3).
- Only some of primary school graduates go on to take any form of secondary education. At the end of P7, pupils sit their first major national exams – the primary leaving examination (PLE). This is contingent upon them passing their PLE.
Subjects of PLE:
- At this current time, PLE has four subjects – 1. English language, 2. Mathematics, 3. Science and 4. Social studies.
PLE Grading System Uganda:
- The best possible mark pupils can achieve is a total of four (which means one point – a distinction – in each subject), while the worst is a total of 36 (nine points for each subject, which means a fail).
- Students who score between 4 to 12 points means they pass the PLE with a first grade, or division one.
- Students who score between 13 to 23 means they pass the PLE with second grade (division two).
- In similar way students who score between 24 to 29 means, they pass PLE exam the third grade.
- In similar way students who score between 30 to 34 means, they pass PLE exam with a fourth grade.
PLE Results 2017 Uganda:
- Honorable Minister of Education and Sports jointly with the Uganda National Examinations Board will presents to you the PLE Results for the year of 2017 Primary Leaving Examination (PLE) Examination for release to the public, in accordance with Section 4(2) of the UNEB Act, Cap 137, Laws of the Republic of Uganda. Once its released UNEB will award certificates to successful candidates in PLE examinations 2017.
UGANDA NATIONAL EXAMINATIONS BOARD Uganda’s education and sports minister, First Lady Janet Museveni, Today (12/01/2018) released the results of the 2017 PLE. Get your results via sms ,t ype your index number and then send it to 6600.
PLE Results 2017 Uganda Release Date:
- Last year Uganda’s education and sports minister, First Lady Janet Museveni, released the results of the 2016 Primary Leaving Examinations (PLE), on January 12th, 2017. In this, we hope the PLE results likely to be announced on between January 10 to January 15, 2018.
UNEB PLE Results 2017 USSD and SMS:
- UNEB allows all of us to check PLE results in a quick way i.e. all students of Uganda may check the UNEB Results via USSD and SMS platform.
USING MOBILE MOBILE PHONE:
Students can check for the 2017 PLE results using your Mobile Phone through the following procedure;
- 1. Open the message pad on your Mobile Phone
- 2. Type the Examination Name as “PLE” (Leave Space)
- 3. Type Examination Index Number (NO Space)
- 4. Send to 8383
- <<Exam Name>> <<SPACE>> <<INDEX_NUMBER>>
- PLE 159922/021 and send to 8383
PLE Results Summary
- According to Uganda’s education and sports minister, First Lady Janet Museveni, 2016 Primary Leaving Examinations (PLE), which indicated improved general performance.
- In 2016 PLE Results the total number of Fail students has been decreased by 9.2%, where the boys’ failure rate was 5.3% and girls rate was 7.7%. She also said that more than 50% of the pupils who completed their primary education last year were female. There was marked improved performance, especially in English, with girls performing better than boys.
- A total of 1,886 candidates’ results withheld Despite the improved performance this became an increased number of results withheld compare with the last year 2015 where 909 candidates were withheld.
35 artyrs Way, Ntinda P.O.Box 7066 Kampala-Uganda
Tel: +256 414 286635/6/7/8